Touring Motorcycle Review: The Royal Enfield Himalayan 400CC
The go-to resource for planning your motorcycle tours and holidays. Find all you need to know about the top destinations, and routes to make your biking dreams come true.
Discover Motorcycle Tours now
As the range of motorbike touring options grows around the world, more and more classic roadsters are appearing on the roads of major cities worldwide.
From developing pockets of motorbike enthusiasm in South East Asia to the long-established markets like the US and Germany, brands like Harley Davidson and Royal Enfield are expanding their wings and experiencing massive growth worldwide.
One such bike riding the wave is the Royal Enfield Himalayan 400CC. So, let’s take a deeper look at this classic off-road mid-range beast.
Without a doubt, motorbikes offer some advantages to driving a car or using public transportation. They are compact vehicles that save consumers money on gas while getting them where they need to go in a timely fashion. When it comes down to renting a motorcycle, the Royal Enfield Himalayan 400cc is a fantastic choice for more than one reason:
The Benefits of the Royal Enfield Himalayan
Image credit: Royal Enfield
Touring motorcycles are a good option for emerging riders since they give the ultimate driving experience both on and off road. From the several selections on the market, the Royal Enfield Himalayan is a popular choice.
It stands out from the crowd by delivering a sleek, classic look, gentle driving, and great off-roading capabilities which make it an all-around adventure motorbike.
Before we speed into the specs of this motorcycle, let’s touch on some of the reasons this bike is an especially great option for newer big bike riders. Here are a few ways the Himalayan stands out from competitors:
- Classic look. There is no doubt that the classy look of this mid-sized bike makes it a sophisticated option for riders. A one-of-a-kind selection, no other bike compares to its sleek style. Not only is it made with a high-quality finish, but it’s a 2018 release with modern technology inside.
- Smooth driving. If you’re looking for a bike with speed, this is not the one for you. The Himalayan has a 400cc engine making it perfect for casual riding around more challenging terrain.
- Quality materials. You won’t find any cheap plastics used on this motorcycle. The body is both stylish and durable and is even constructed with a back rack and side boxes. You can expect this bike to last you several years.
- Comfort. You cannot beat the thrill the Himalayan brings its riders. It fits two people and includes an area for luggage. In addition, it’s great for people of all sizes. Easy to ride; you can expect this rental bike to take you from point A to B without a problem.
- On and off-road options. A fantastic way to get around on or off-road is renting this motorbike for shorter sprints across the wilds of a new land. There are a select few models that are suitable options for less experienced riders. This is a good option to take part in some off-roading activities like riding the bike on unsurfaced terrain with mud, rocks, gravel, or sand.
- Great for beginners. If you don’t have much riding experience, don’t worry. This is a great selection for beginners as it’s low to the ground and easy to manage. The large wheel size is great for riding countryside back lanes. Whether you’re just learning or want a relaxed riding experience, the Himalayan is a great option for you.
Specifications of the Royal Enfield Himalayan
Image credit: Bennetts.co
As for its specifications, the Himalayan peaks at 24.5 horsepower at 6500 rpm, which does not sound like a lot, but it gets the job done with its powerful LS410 motor. The brakes are made from stainless steel with solid braking responses. The suspension is firm, making it nice for pavement as well as off-road terrain. Therefore, this is a good option for an off-road motorcycle tour.
Consequently, it is designed with a padded seat and small backrest for extra support, especially during long-distance travels. It has manual transmission, 5 gears, and a powerful 400cc engine.
This motorcycle is not the most aggressive – that is not the main goal of this bike. The Royal Enfield Himalayan is the perfect on or off-road means of transportation for those with a daily commute with slightly underdeveloped roads or someone who is full on wilderness bound; this versatility is vital. It gives riders a secure, comfortable, and affordable way to tour the country.
All in all, it’s an extremely reliable bike, and an investment you’ll be glad you made.
Finding a Provider
Plenty of rental and tour companies have begun to offer the Royal Enfield Himalayan in their fleets; so, it shouldn’t be hard to track down if you’d like to try it out. These motorcycles are fairly new to the scene in some areas in South East Asia but they are a long standing favorite in more mature European markets and South American markets.
Convinced about the Enfield Himalayan? Try it out on a Royal Enfield motorcycle tour!
Tom Butler is a guest author from Tigitmotorbikes.com.